Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little Nail Mail for the Polish Hoarders Soul

So for tonight's post I'm posting my nail mail that I received last week and over the weekend. For my first nail mail I ordered as part of Julep's 12 Days of Christmas their Gold Glamor Mystery Clutch as well as Hilary. The mystery clutch cost $29.99 and you received about $200-$300 worth of product, from what they said online. Here's what I got:

 
 
Sooo funny side note, as I was writing this post I went to go upload my first image to my post and was like, "Wow, Blogger got a new image uploader", a whole new window popped up and it just looked very weird and was a pain in the butt. Then once the picture finally loaded it was all in code, and I was like crap I don't know coding that well, how could they do that!?!? Then, here comes the big kicker, I realized I was in HTML rather than Compose. Stupid me... Now back to my Mystery Clutch.
 



Kathleen

Nora - Matte Suede Finish

Hilary, which didn't come in the Mystery Bag

Sharon

 
Contents: The gorgeous gold sequin bag, which I forgot to take a picture of. Two glitter pots. Sharon. Nora, which is a Matte Suede Finish. Kathleen. Hands and Face Lotion. Lastly Age Defying Hand Brightener.
 
For our next piece of nail mail I made a late night large order, which I didn't remember most of what I ordered, on Amazon. I haven't received the entire order yet, but here is what I have received:
 



 
 ** Above images courtesy of Amazon.com
 




 
For the image plates, they don't have a name they just are called Nail Art Stamping Image Plates and I got plates OB28, QA19, KD1 Kitty, & KD12. I also got the wheel with the pearl bow rhinestones which I am totally in L-O-V-E with and cannot wait to use them!
 

I also had some time today to do a mani so I decided I really really wanted to try out my new Julep polish, Nora, with the Matte Suede Finish. Here's how they look and excuse the short nails please as majority of them have broken! :(
 

 
 
 
 
Application of this polish was gread it went on smooth and only needed two coats, could have probably gotten away with one, but I just wanted two for good measure. I was very suprised by how well it went on and how well it dried as it was my first Matte Polish I've used. I do, however, have one small complaint. I painted my nails today in the afternoon and by the time I had gotten back to the gym they were all chipped, some of them pretty badly. I don't know if it's because I didn't use a topcoat, which I wanted to keep the matte finish. I think next time I use this polish I will seal it with a matte finish top coat for extra measure. Thoughts on this polish?
 
 
Well I think I have posted plenty of photos for one day and have written plenty so I'm off to bed. Hope you all had a great day today and are getting ready for Christmas!
 
Xo Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment