Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy (LATE) Thanksgiving!

I apologize that I am soooo late on this post, I feel awful and really have been meaning to post something, but unfortunately on Thanksgiving Alex's grandfather got really sick and is in the hospital. Luckily we were able to enjoy some of Thanksgiving with my family down in Turlock, but had to leave around 3ish to head back up to Chico and see his grandpa in the hospital. Since Thursday we have pretty much been there with him. His grandfather is 94 years old and is in amazing health and is an incredible man. About 8 or 9 years ago he had to have heart surgery and they put a pig valve in and its pretty much on its last leg as they (the pig valve) only last about 8 years. They also told us that he is in CHF (chronic heart failure). On a much happier note, he seems to be doing fine and is in high spirits and ready to get home, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday.

Today I had some time at home and just decided to swatch some green polishes I had recently bought and haven't had a chance to play with. So without further ado onto the nail polish:

From pinky to ring finger - Wet n Wild SaGreena the Teenage Witch, Sally Hansen Olive Branch, Wet n Wild Poison Ivy, China Glaze Winter Holly.
(Picture Taken Outside)

Inside shot
I loved all of these greens especially China Glaze's Winter Holly, it was a complete glitter bomb and didn't need any sort of dark green polish underneath. At first when I was outside taken the pictures it looked like Olive Branch and Poison Ivy were very similar, but then when I got inside and took the picture you could totally see how much it varied. Also the pictures didn't pick up the metallic tones in poison ivy. Maybe if I had put a coat of SV on it would have brought the colors in the polishes out more.

My next mani I did today was something a little more Christmas-y. I did 2 coats of NYC Broadway Burgundy Frost. Once that was dry I took my Kiss striping kit in white and silver glitter and striped all my nails. Here's how it turned out:





The first picture I shot before I put the stripes on as I thought it was such a pretty red with nice little red glitters inside it. By the time I added the stripes I was really tired from a long day at the hospital today that they didn't turn out as well as I had originally planned. I will have to re-do this manicure when I'm not so out of it.

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and laughter!

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment